Monday, June 22, 2009

10.06.09 [Wednesday]

It had been so many days I didn’t update my blog. Everybody was nagging me for the latest updates. Hello people…I am too busy having fun and travelling that I couldn’t pop up the time to really sit down and write something. There will be a long entry for 2 weeks updates. I wonder if I can remember all the details.

Wednesday is a movie day. I was working in client’s office at Prai and went home on 6pm sharp (thanks to my ‘boss’-guess who). I fled home with eagerness and manage to reach home before 7pm. W.Lung and Y.H. came picked me up by 7.30pm. We went gurney for dinner and movie. It was a small celebration for W.Lung’s last day of exam and Y.H.’s getting his Master’s report passed with condition plus a B+ for paper exam.

We had dinner at Sakae Sushi. I ordered Miso Soup, Ebi Tempura, Unagi Tofu, Chicken Teriyaki, Ikura Chawanmushi and two plain rice for me and W.Lung. Y.H. ordered his favourite Curry Katsu Don which is Japanese style curry chicken rice. Great dinner!

We watched 17 Again. I enjoyed the movie with laughter and tears. The part that I love the most was on the day of Mike O’Donnell (Zac Efron)’s divorce hearing with his wife, Scarlet (Leslie Mann). He shows up as Mark to read a letter from Mike O'Donnell, the contents of which touch her. However, upon seeing the "letter" (which is really just a piece of paper with directions on it), she realizes the truth. That was the most touching part of all.

Do you wish to be 17 again? Is there anything you wish to change or to do it right for a different future? Mike in the movie had always regretted for making the wrong decision when he was 17. He thought that his life would be better now if he had chosen to be a basketball star instead of marrying his current wife and to have a family with 2 children. It was until he turned back into 17 again that he realized that what he possessed are so important to him and he made the same decision 2nd time in his life. This is what always happened in our life. We always complaint of what we have and desired for other thing that we thought would be better than what we already have. There can be different arguments. To complaint about unsatisfactory can prompt us to change to become better or screwed up your life just like Mike who blamed his wife for 20 years and end up divorcing. To feel overwhelmed with gratitude for what we have will grant us with more peaceful life. Whichever it is, the best will always be balancing it. Are we at the balancing point?


No comments:

Post a Comment